Any reference to "you" or "your", means you as a user of our website at www.swtechdaily.co.uk. Any reference to "we", "us" or "our" is to South West Tech Daily and any contractors who provide services to us in relation to our Website.
What information do we hold about you and how is it collected?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of content, comments and ratings that you make on our Website;
- details of any transactions you carry out through our Website;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a service (for example, a user name, email address and password), posting material or requesting information or services;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, uploaded content, comments, ratings and actions and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use "cookies" or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
We use Google Analytics to monitor website activity and for marketing purposes.
How do we use information about you?
We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs.
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- monitor, develop and improve our Website, services and your experience;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- run and carry out competitions on our Website;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you; and/or
- investigate any suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings or submissions to our Website and using keyword triggers to investigate usage that may be inappropriate.
If you register on our Website, your personal information may, in addition to the above, be used by us to:
- contact you in the event of queries or for security reasons;
- notify you when another user has either added to or commented on your story or event; and/or
- if you choose to submit content for publication, we may publish your user name and any other information you agree to be published.
Where and only where requested by you we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone or mail about existing and new services and special offers from us; and/or
- send you information by email, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
To unsubscribe from receiving any such communications, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
Where do we store your personal data?
Amending your information
You may register your details for certain services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those services. You may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if South West Tech Daily (or Tech South West) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- where relevant, your user name and information you voluntarily provide in your profile that you register with us will be published on areas of our Website such pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Where other users wish to contact you, they will be able to identify you by your user name and any other information you may yourself disclose via our Website;
- we may pass your personal information to our employees and agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- some general statistical information about our Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (including third party advertisers who wish to advertise on our website) but these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
- we may disclose your personal information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions and / or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching these Terms and Conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any charities and organisations that we work with, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help charities reach the kind of audience they want to target using our Website.
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled "How do we use information about you?" is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself choose to contact them.
Always think carefully before disclosing your personal information or other information to other users of our Website or otherwise posting your personal information on our Website. It is important that you are aware that any of your personal information or other information which you disclose to another user may then be disclosed on our Website by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Website.
Security/how do we protect your information?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information such as your name and address; and
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If registered with our Website, we will store your password. To protect security, we do not have access to or visibility of any passwords on our system. Should you forget your password, we will send you an email to the email address you have registered with us and provide a link to reset your password with a new one.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com or you can write to us at South West Tech Daily (Tech South West), 6 Northernhay Place, Exeter, EX4 3QJ. Phone Number: 01392 267394
How we store your information
Information is securely stored on company devices or on secure cloud service providers (Google).
We keep information (names, email addresses, phone numbers, location data) of clients and partners in agreed activity during the agreed work period and for a further 12 months beyond the end of contracts and working relationships. We will then dispose of your information by digitally erasing records and using confidential waste disposal facilities for any printed data. To end your Membership email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com 01392 267390 or 6 Northernhay Place, Exeter, EX4 3QJ if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
COOKIES AND OTHER SUCH DEVICES
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website. Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of our Website.
Other cookies outside of our control
We may use external services such as YouTube, Twitter or Facebook, to display certain content on our Website. We cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website, for example, number of plays of a video.
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use)
- allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- speed up searches; and/or
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
How do I manage & delete these cookies?
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link www.allaboutcookies.org